As a writer, do you struggle with how much to assume your readers know? Are you a stubbornly independent person who doesn’t want help? Does perfectionism plague your attempts to write and publish? If any of these challenges ring true, you’ve come to the right place. DJ Eshelman has experienced all of these issues and, in an engaging and informative way, shares how he triumphed over them.
DJ published his first book, Be A Citrix Hero, in March of 2020 amid the time we weren’t supposed to be doing anything, right? We were supposed to be cowering in our homes in fear of what was going to happen. And he said, “No, I’m going to go ahead and publish this book.” And so that was the first book. It was born out of that notion of “Let’s do it, see what happens.”
His reception was pretty good in that regard, of people being astounded that somebody in the line of work that he did was able to write a book. There’s a whole host of perceptions that people have about what a book means. That opened up all sorts of doors.
As part of being an author, DJ had to deal with the curse of knowledge as he planned his content.
Join Pat in this episode of Writing to get Business Podcast and learn more about Overcoming Perfectionism when Writing
- Learn how you can feel good all the time
- Ways you can fully embrace your Zone of Genius – what you are uniquely qualified and gifted for in this world
- Tips on spending more time with those you care about, less time “working”
- How to live your own unique life and learn how that will create wealth in every aspect of your life
Attention: Frustrated authors
You have the nagging feeling that comes from being unable to complete your book.
I’ve got an answer that works for getting your manuscript started – and finished.
- Is there an article trapped inside you that is aching to get written?
- Are you interested in developing or expanding your ability to write for publication?
- Are you unsure how to get started as an author?
- Does the idea of writing seem so overwhelming that you do not know how to start?
- Do you hesitate when you write, unclear if your punctuation or grammar is correct?
- Are you afraid of being embarrassed by misusing words?
- Are you concerned with avoiding traps associated with being an author or editor?
DJ Eshelman helps Christian Entrepreneurs & Content Creators stop being Squirrelpreneurs so they can hear “Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant!”