Pat Iyer MSN RN LNCC and Al S. Brown, PMP, IPMA-C
The Pat Iyer Group – 2 Digital Downloads .pdf, 228 pages. and Video
Is this you?
- Is there an article trapped inside you that is aching to get written?
- Are you interested in developing or expanding your ability to write for publication?
- Are you unsure how to get started as an author?
- Does the idea of writing seem so overwhelming that you do not know how to start?
- Do you hesitate when you write, unclear if your punctuation or grammar is correct?
- Are you afraid of being embarrassed by misusing words?
- Are you concerned with avoiding traps associated with being an author or editor?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, I understand. I felt the same way. When one of my college professors suggested that I turn my paper into an article, I was hesitant and unsure how to do this. But I persisted and my article on battered women was published a year later. That article led to other articles, chapters, books, case studies, online courses, blog posts, editing books, videos, ebooks and more. I have literally made millions of dollars after I took that first step to write an article. Are you being passed up for work because your resume does not have any publications? In today’s competitive environment, the person with publications stands out. Writing is a skill that can help you achieve great results in your life and career. Gain from the power of being a published author.
- Would you like to people to instantly recognize your name and say, “I know you. I read your book”?
- Would you like a client to say, “I see you’ve been published. I have work for you”?
- Would you like to reach hundreds of thousands of people with your message?
- Would you like to have instant credibility and visibility that will bring you income?
About the Book
Al S. Brown and I share our triumphs and hard learned lessons in this book. You will learn practical content that will guide you through the process of putting together publications. Al and I have written hundreds of articles, blog posts, case studies, online courses, chapters, and books.
- You will receive crucial information that you can use to get started writing or improve your writing career right now.
- You will learn shortcuts of how to write articles, chapters and books.
- You will learn the realities of writing – the essentials of putting your thoughts together, working with coeditors and coauthors, and recruiting and guiding authors for a book made up of contributors.
- You’ll gain wisdom from our lessons learned the hard way so you will avoid the traps we wish we had known about.
Get guidance based on our first hand extensive experience. Get started today!
About the Authors
Pat Iyer and Al S. Brown will take you by the hand and guide you through the writing process. You will learn how to write an article, chapter or an entire book by gaining from the firsthand experiences of our authors. Both Pat and Al have extensive experience writing and publishing. They share their secrets with you in the 200 + page manual that is packed with practical advice and guidance. Learn from the triumphs and challenges the authors have gained from publishing for a cumulative 45 years.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Routes into Writing
Chapter 2 Benefits of Being Published
Chapter 3 Refining Your Writing Skills
Chapter 4 Three Kinds of Writing: Exposing the Differences
Chapter 5 Articles: Picking the Topic
Chapter 6 Queries and Submission Guidelines
Chapter 7 One Method of Preparing an Article
Chapter 8 Writing a Chapter
Chapter 9 One Story of a Book Author
Chapter 10 Self-Publishing Versus Signing with an Existing Publisher
Chapter 11 Secrets of Getting Started Writing a Book
Chapter 12 Tips for Managing the Project
Chapter 13 Copyediting and Page Proof
Chapter 14 Secrets of a Contributed Book
Chapter 15 Tips for Working with a Coeditor of a Contributed Book
Chapter 16 Working with Authors
Chapter 17 Revision of a Book for a New Edition
Chapter 18 Copyright
Chapter 19 Publishing Now and in the Future
Appendix A Improving Your Writing Skills
Chapter 1: Grammar Skills
Chapter 2: Punctuation
Chapter 3: Easily Confused Words
Chapter 4: Proofreading
Appendix B Resources
Appendix C Author Guidelines
Video for How To Get Published
In this 25 minute long interview with Gayle Carson, moderator of the international radio show, Women in Business, Pat Iyer shares the answers to these questions:
- How will being published help women in business?
- What has being published done for your career?
- What are your tips for finding a topic to write about?
- What are the qualities a successful author needs to write well?
- What is the fastest route to getting published?
- Where should you get published?
- What is your process for organizing your thoughts?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of self publishing?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of working with an established publisher?
- How do you help authors?